Student Outcomes Report2015
Examination was conducted in accordance to the attestation standards established by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
June 2016, Hack Reactor launched the Standard Student Outcomes Methodology (SSOM) as a transparent, systematic way of quantifying and reporting student outcomes. SSOM allows bootcamps to classify each student according to clear definitions and strict documentation standards, and provides formulas for calculating placement rate, graduation rate and average graduate salary.Check out the full SSOM HR audited report
- Data Collection Period:
- The 2015 report includes all students with a job search period that ended Jan 1 - Dec 31, 2015
- Length of Job Search Period:
- 6 months
- Total Number of Students in the 2015 Cohort Report:
- Report Published:
- July 20, 2016
A Note from Anthony Phillips CEO of Reactor Core
Coding bootcamps are no longer an experiment.
They are an important and growing player in the higher education landscape. Within the coding bootcamp sector, we see a wide range in quality from powerfully transformative programs on one end, to programs that do not deliver on their basic promise to students. This underscores the need for transparency. That’s why today we are releasing the attached report on student outcomes for our program in 2015, which has been examined by an independent certified public accounting firm.
This report breaks down our outcome statistics at a granular level, showing with high resolution how our students fared from day 1 onward. The results show that, outside of a handful of exceptions, our students receive offers for lucrative software engineering roles within six months of leaving the program. Our outcomes are captured and reported by the Standard Student Outcomes Methodology (SSOM), a system developed by Reactor Core to appropriately record and verify the path of each student.
We urge other coding bootcamps to join us in reporting and having their student outcomes examined by an independent certified public accounting firm, so that students are presented with clear choices regarding their substantial investment of time and money.
2015 Outcomes Summary
Our Method is the industry's most stringent
Graduation RateOf 482 students reported on, 469 students graduated, 13 students did not.
- Graduation Rate
- Attrition Rate
95 students in 2015 were exempt from job placement stats for the following reasons:
- 7% Were not citizens or legal residents of the US
- 6% Opted out of the job search prior to the start date
- 3% Were hired as full-time employees at Hack Reactor
- 2% Decided to pursue entrepreneurship
- 1% Aborted the job search due to a personal or family emergency
98.1% of job seekers received a full time offer
- 374 Students considered in the job placement stats
- 367 Students received a job offer within 6 months with an average salary of $104,059
Breakdown of Student Outcomes
- 482 Total students
- 367 Received full-time coding job offers
- 95 Exempt
- 13 Non graduates
- 7 Did not get jobs
Typical time to first offer
After graduation, students work with a dedicated outcomes team for the duration of the job search. Support includes mock interviews, resume review, coaching, whiteboarding, and salary negotiation.
- 42% First offer in 1 month
- 86% First offer in 3 months
- 98% First offer in 6 months
Our grads got jobs here
2015 Alumni Testimonials
Method of data collection
347 Job Offer Validation
SSOM policy dictates that every student categorization is backed by one or more of:
- Third-party documentary evidence (ex. job offer letter).
- Documentation signed by a student.
- One or more attempts to obtain student confirmation in combination with first-party documentation.
- First-party tuition or payment-related documentation.
0 Missing data
We have 0 cases of missing data for our 482 students. All of our data is stored in the cloud for access by our recordkeepers and independent accountants.
52.5% Student Confirmation
Of the 482 records we had on file, we also reached out to 311 students to confirm the data accuracy. 52.5% of the 311 students provided a confirmation response.
Average Salary Increment Post Graduation:77%
… is the average salary increase for students who graduated from Hack Reactor, from their previous jobsFigures calculated using average graduate salary ($104,059) from the 2015 report, and average pre-admission salary ($58,933) per survey data representing a segment of students included the 2015 report.
Time to earn back tuition?
Earn back the cost of tuition less than 10 weeks from date of hire.
Check out our reviews from
Courses we offer
For this report, each cohort had between 20-32 students. Each class runs 13 weeks, with 12 weeks of full-time instruction.